Terms and conditions
So you can shop in confidence.
Shopping at MadebyMebytheSea.co.uk
- You can place your order online via this website. Orders placed after 2pm on week days will be processed next working day and orders placed on Saturday and Sunday will be processed the following Monday (excluding Bank Holidays). Please note that this is not my main job and therefore, if your order is required for the next working day, please message me on 07909 693172.
- Placing an order means that you are agreeing to buy the product(s) at the price stated subject to these terms.
- After placing an order online we’ll send you an automatic email confirming the order. This initial email does not necessarily mean that we will be able to fulfil your order. If we cannot process your order for whatever reason we will contact you either by email or phone to discuss order times, alternative products or the option of a refund.
- MadebyMebytheSea.co.uk reserves the right to cancel any sale and stop supply of products or discontinue the availability of any products listed on this website at our discretion. If your order is cancelled, a full refund of any monies paid will be made.
- The price for each product includes VAT at 20% (excluding items for whom VAT does not apply, e.g. childrens clothing). While we always try to make sure our prices are accurate, mistakes do occur. If we find an error in pricing of any product, we reserve the right to change the price on your order to the correct amount. We will contact you as soon as possible with this information and you will have the opportunity to re-confirm the order or cancel it. If we are unable to contact you, your order will be automatically cancelled.
- Delivery costs are calculated during the checkout process and you will have the opportunity to select from a range of delivery services based on the weight and size of the item/s you are ordering.
- Non-UK customers are responsible for any Import Duties or Tax in their country. Please ask your local customs office for more details regarding this.
- Your order must be paid for in full before delivery can be made. Payment can be made by any major credit or debit card excluding American Express. Payment will be debited and cleared from your account before the despatch of your Goods or provision of service to you.
- If paying by credit or debit card, we reserve the right to ask for additional security identification to comply with the security checks carried out by SagePay and Paypal. All your details are encrypted by SagePay or Paypal payment processor. Please note we do not store or keep your credit card details at MadebyMebytheSea.co.uk.co.uk for your safety.
- If you have a promotional Discount Coupon from MadebyMebytheSea.co.uk, only one voucher or coupon may be redeemed per transaction.
- We try to keep our stock levels as accurate as possible but cannot guarantee a product will always be in stock when you place an order – even if it says so on our website. If for some reason we cannot supply a product we will refund you in full via your chosen payment method.
- All products and offers are available while stocks last. If we are unable to ship a product to you straight away, we will let you know by email. You can either cancel your order or place it on backorder pending stock arrival.
- Although the art is created by me, the products they are printed on are printed, manufactured and delivered by carefully selected fulfilment partners who will also have access to the details you share via the order form.
- MadebyMebytheSea.co.uk ships to destinations in the UK, Europe and the Rest of the World.
- You will be notified of the shipping costs during the checkout process and you will have the opportunity to select from a range of shipping services to suit budget and time.
- Free postage applies to orders within the UK totalling £50 or more after any discounts have been deducted. However for large or heavy items over 2kg we do reserve the right to alter these charges. We will confirm charges prior to despatch should they be different from those stated onMadebyMebytheSea.co.uk
- Delivery outside the UK may be liable for import duty taxes and you will be responsible for these. Please consult your local customs office if you are unsure about any charges you might incur.
- We use Royal Mail and a selection of commercial courier services to deliver your items and offer tracked and special next working day delivery with the appropriate level of insurance for your order. For security we always use delivery methods that require a signature.
- If an item is lost in transit, please allow 15 days before it can be officially classed as lost. This meets the terms and conditions set out by Royal Mail. If you think an item may be lost, please contact us. via email or telephone and we will do our best to assist you. After 15 days we can report the item lost and either refund your account in full or make arrangements for another delivery.
- We will make every effort to deliver within the time stated on MadebyMebytheSea.co.uk, but we will not be held liable for any loss caused to you by late delivery.
- Orders sent via Royal Mail Special Delivery Next Day will get to you within 1-2 working days if the item/s are in stock.
- Next day delivery is not available for the Highlands & Islands of Scotland or any location outside of the United Kingdom. Orders outside of the UK can take up to 14 working days to arrive.
- Please provide an address where someone can accept the delivery. If we have to try again you’ll be charged again.
Returns – 14 day money back policy
We hope that you are delighted with your purchase but we realise there may be occasions where you would like to return an item. If you would like to return an item, please follow these guidelines to make sure your return is dealt with as quickly as possible. Personalised items may not be returned because they are made to order.
Change of Mind / Unwanted Item(s)
- We all change our minds when buying products. Maybe it’s not quite what you expected. Don’t panic! If you would like to return an unpersonalised product for whatever reason, please return it to us within 14 days in an unopened and unused condition and we will refund you the full price for the product including P&P. The item along with packaging must be in perfect condition.
- Sale items may only be exchanged during the sale period with proof of purchase.
- When returning goods it is your responsibility to ensure the item is posted back and received in good condition. For valuable items we recommend you take out postage insurance to cover any loss or damage in transit. We cannot be held liable for any returned goods damaged during transit.
- This does not affect your statutory rights.
Bespoke or Special Order Items
- Bespoke orders for items out of stock, personalised or perishable items are excluded from our returns policy and are not subject to the right to cancel under the Distance Selling Regulations. Products in these categories will be clearly marked as Out of Stock on our website. If you are in any doubt, please contact us before placing your order or returning an item.
- Some other products may also be exempt from our 14-day Money Back Policy above. Products will be clearly marked if this is the case. The returns period for these items will be limited to seven working days following delivery as per the right to cancel under the Distance Selling Regulations. You will be responsible for the cost of return in such circumstances.
- This is in addition to your statutory rights.
- All returned items not returned in accordance with the Distance Selling Regulations (2000) are tested by MadebyMebytheSea.co.uk. Any item found not to be faulty will be subject to £10 plus return shipping costs back to the customer. You will be notified by e-mail before any non-faulty goods are returned to you. This does not affect your statutory rights.
- Please include all internal packaging, manuals, guarantees and protective bags, however small, otherwise we may not be able to process your return.
- Any products that have been modified or physically altered shall be deemed Warranty Void.
- Please obtain and include a receipt for postage with your item(s) if you would like a refund of your return postage costs. We cannot refund postage unless you provide us with a postal receipt for the costs incurred.
- If you have requested a refund, please allow up to 30 days for any monies to reach your account / show up on your card statement.
The Distance Selling Regulations 2000
- Under the Distance Selling Regulations 2000 you have the right to cancel your order at any time up to the end of 7 working days after delivery of the goods. To exercise your right of cancellation, you must give written notice to sales@MadebyMebytheSea.co.uk, giving details of the goods ordered and the date they were received.
- Please note you will be responsible for returning the goods to MadebyMebytheSea.co.uk at your own cost.
- The Distance Selling Regulations 2000 states that you must take reasonable care of the goods until they have been returned. Items must be securely packaged and sent with adequate insurance to cover any damages in transit. We recommend using a delivery service that requires a signature as proof of delivery. Items returned in damaged or imperfect condition will be returned to the customer.
- MadebyMebytheSea.co.uk will refund your account within 30 days for the full amount including delivery costs to you. Where you are returning an item that was part of a larger order, we will refund any specific delivery charges for that item up and above our standard delivery rate.
- If, after exercising your right under the Distance Selling Regulations 2000, you do not return the goods in a timely manner, MadebyMebytheSea.co.uk may charge you for the direct costs of recovering the goods.
- When returning goods under the Distance Selling Regulations 2000 please send to MadebyMebytheSea.co.uk, 18 Normandy Court, West Parade, Worthing BN11 3QY Please include a copy of your order along with a RMA number if you have been issued with one.
How do I return an item?
See our returns page for instructions on how to return an item/order.
Technical support and warranty
We are happy to provide technical support on all products purchased from the MadebyMebytheSea.co.uk website. Some manufacturers offer direct technical support and returns processing and we may recommend this solution in order to provide the best possible and fastest service to you the customer. Any support offered by manufacturers does not affect your statutory rights.
Privacy and security policy
We realise that shopping on the internet can be worrying and you may be concerned about using your credit cards online. That’s why all our payments are handled through Paypal for your protection. You may have heard of the padlock icon that appears on some websites to reassure the internet buyer of online security in place – well once you have checked out from our site you will enter the SagePay or PayPal system, which is separate from our own servers and displays the padlock icon. You will not be asked for your credit card details whilst browsing MadebyMebytheSea.co.uk and will only enter your details when entering PayPal secure payment system. This means MadebyMebytheSea.co.uk will never see your credit card details, as these are dealt with via the PayPal website and not through our servers. We do not hold your credit card details after a purchase.
Errors and omissions
MadebyMebytheSea.co.uk makes every effort to ensure that all prices and descriptions quoted on its website are correct and accurate. However, it is inevitable that mistakes will occasionally occur. In the case of a manifest error or omission, MadebyMebytheSea.co.uk will be entitled to rescind the contract, notwithstanding that it has already accepted the Customer’s order and/or received payment from the Customer. MadebyMebytheSea.co.uk’ liability in that event will be limited to the return of any money the Customer has paid in respect of the order. In the case of a manifest error in relation to price, the Customer will be entitled to purchase the goods by paying the difference between the quoted price and the correct price, as confirmed in writing by MadebyMebytheSea.co.uk after the manifest error has been discovered.
A ‘manifest error’, as the term is used in sub-paragraph a) above, means, in relation to an incorrect price, a price quoted in error by MadebyMebytheSea.co.uk, which is more than 10% less than the price that would have been quoted had the mistake not been made.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions affects your statutory rights as a consumer.
- If any provision in this agreement is held to be invalid or unenforceable, it shall be deemed severed from the Agreement and this shall not affect the validity or enforceability of the remaining provisions.
- Any waiver of a breach of this Agreement must be in writing
- Any variation of this Agreement must be in writing and signed by a duly authorised MadebyMebytheSea.co.uk official.
- The headings are for convenience only and shall not affect the interpretation of this Agreement.
Any notices given under this Agreement shall be in writing and sent:
- by first class pre-paid post to the last known address of the party; or
- by e-mail to the last notified e-mail address of the party.
The notice shall be deemed served:
- two working days after posting; or
- after system confirmation of e-mail delivery
These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts
MadebyMebytheSea.co.uk may at its discretion record telephone transactions for staff training and quality control purposes.
MadebyMebytheSea.co.uk reserves the right to change or amend these terms and conditions at any time and without prior notice.